You know those times when you feel like you have been heard over the years and when it happens you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside? Well if you get those often then wonderful! I do not get them often in my relationship with my husband. Not to say that I do not often feel heard. It is just I am not normally the warm and fuzzy feeling kind of gal. I have to really pay attention to find those warm and fuzzy moments.
I watch romantic movies and read soft romance books. I do this to remind myself what romance looks like at some level. I have to get tips, hints and ideas from mentors, books, movies to keep me in line with being a romantic wife. For so many years I expected my husband to be romantic but I did not even really know what romance looked like. What I thought was romantic when I was young ended up with some harsh memories from my short weeding to my ex-husband. All my ideas of romance got kicked out the window.
I am so much better now at spotting romance and being romantic than I was for many years. I do believe romance is important in marriage. I mean who wants to sit in idle in marriage and have a feeling of stagnant energy in marriage? Not me! My husband posted on my Facebook page “The Top 10 Reasons I Love You”. I have done this to him many times. I have posted some of my reasons for loving him on this blog. Here is my husbands top 10 for me.
The top 10 reasons that I love you:
1. Because you are a passionate person – You love deeply and fiercely.
2. You are a caring person – You often care more about others than they care about themselves.
3. You’re an AMAZING mother – You take the time necessary to learn all you can about raising children and to ensure that they always get treated best based on their own unique personality & needs.
4. Your sexy body!
5. WOW! You are such a good cook!
6. You’re a great wife – You take care of me and are incredibly tolerant of my quirks & annoying ways.
7. You have solid values – You’ve taken the time to hone your personal values and you hold to them rigorously.
8. You are intelligent – You love to learn and are always a student. You can solve complex problems in a way that best serves all parties and can manage a respectable amount of information inside of that small head of yours.
9. You are tolerant and peaceful – You enjoy harmony and bring peace wherever you go.
10. You are courageous – You are not afraid to try new things and challenge your own beliefs.
I mentioned earlier about the warm fuzzy feelings this caused. You see it seems my husband has hit some very deep connections to why we are still married right here in this list.
He sees me through the tough exterior, the facade I put up to keep others from getting to close in my life. He sees past the logic in me and hits right to my heart in how he sees me. No one else in the world can see all of what he sees in me. I did point out to him that I thought he might need to get his eyes checked on number six and yet he reassures me that he sees just fine. I also pointed out to him that number ten is a little flawed in that I am afraid to try new things it is just that I will try anyway to continue to challenge who I think I am and what I think my limits are.
I have to give him credit for making this a public declaration and beyond that I want to acknowledge him for seeing past me and truly seeing into my heart. Well played my dear! This was the most inexpensive gift he presented me with, yet one of the most loving gifts he could ever offer to me.
What do you see deeply about your spouse? Have you shared these with them? What have you missed from being busy and not focusing on them? Just some thoughts to get you to notice your spouses heart at a deeper level.